If you want to make the most of your TP-Link wireless repeater, then you should take into consideration what we are about to tell you. And that is, updating its firmware update. Why? Well, by performing TP-Link firmware upgrade, your extender will get equipped with the latest security features. Not just that, but you will also be able to fix bugs and errors and enhance the overall performance of your device.
Continue reading this article and learn about how to update the firmware of your TP-Link extender using the manual method only in a matter of minutes.
How to Perform TP-Link Repeater Firmware Upgrade?
- Start the firmware upgrade process by plugging your TP-Link repeater into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
- Look around and get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to your repeater and another to the existing modem.
- As soon as the connection between your devices becomes stable, turn on your PC.
- Open your any internet browser that is your favorite and you use the most.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP-Link WiFi repeater.
- Thereafter, extract the file.
- Open a brand new tab on your internet browser.
- In the address bar of the browser, type the default web address of your repeater.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the official TP-Link repeater login page in a few seconds.
- Input the default admin username and password in their respective fields.
- Hit Log In button and hold on.
- Once you are on the Quick Setup wizard, click Settings.
- Select System Tools and then, Firmware Upgrade.
- Click the Browse button.
- Your device will start locating the file that you downloaded earlier.
- Hit Upload once the file has been located.
- In some time, your device will reboot.
With that, you will successfully be able to perform TP-Link repeater firmware upgrade by accessing the TP Link setup wizard.
In case, you feel that this process is a little difficult for you to execute, feel free to take the help of the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
TP-Link Repeater Firmware Update Failed?
- Check the Login Credentials
The usage of incorrect login credentials is one of the major reasons why many users face issues while performing TP-Link firmware update. Chances are that you are facing the issue because of the same reason.
Therefore, make sure that you enter the correct login username and password. Otherwise, no matter what you do, you will not be able to log in to your repeater and successfully update the firmware of your device, ever.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Another thing that you can do to troubleshoot the issue at hand is to keep WiFi interference at bay. If you are wondering how you can do that, then know that can be done by relocating your wireless repeater and placing it away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, etc.
Also, do not keep your TP-Link wireless repeater near thick concrete walls or utensils containing a large amount of water.
- Reset Your TP-Link Repeater
If you are still not able to perform TP-Link repeater firmware update with ease, then it is high time that you reset or restore your device to the factory default settings.
Walk through the instructions mentioned below and learn about how to reset your device:
- Look for the Reset located on your wireless repeater.
- Once you have found it, carefully press it.
- Now, hold on for a second or two.
As soon as you are done resetting your TP-Link wireless repeater, reconfigure it by accessing the TP Link repeater login page.
With that, we are wrapping up our guide on performing TP-Link repeater firmware update using the manual method. Once you are done updating the firmware of your wireless device, you will surely be able to make full use of it.
However, if you are still facing issues while executing the process, then opt for a different method to update your device, i.e. TP Link app.